Monday 3 January 2011

Hello 2011

I realise that I've had a short break over the Christmas period, and that this is my first mention of Christmas at all. I didn't intentionally avoid it, I just didn't get back to the blog after my last post. So... I hope you all had a great Christmas, and a very happy New Year!!

I'm afraid I'm another of those people who doesn't make resolutions - though I always think there's something vaguely smug about the way I say it, like those weird people who have to mention in every sentence that they don't own a telly, or only ever listen to Classic FM. The reason I don't make resolutions is that I'm a child in an adult's body and as soon as someone - even if that someone is me - tells me not to do something, then I automatically only want to do that thing. And I'm perfectly happy with my consumption of chocolate (moderate), alcohol (a glass of wine with dinner... okay, it's most nights, but it's only the one) and cigarettes (none).

A new year is daunting - I feel immense pressure to make it better than the last one. Last year I was able to spend a lot more time writing, through changing my job, and as a result I won a competition and came 3rd in two. That's the most writing success I've ever had in one go - so if 2011 can get better than that, I'm ready for it. But I also know that'll mean a lot of hard work - you can't publish a story that hasn't been written!! So my plans for this year are to work hard, play hard and make the year as memorable as possible.

I hope you all have resolutions and plans that you can be proud of and that will make you happy, rather than deprived and miserable. Enjoy 2011 and make it memorable!

1 comment:

  1. Here,here! like your thoughts annalisa,jane,xx

    ReplyDelete

Please comment - I love a good chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.