Wednesday 2 March 2011

Cheers, Chuck!

For the past two weeks or so, I've been scribbling in a notebook: full scenes, short sentences, random things that people might say, character traits.... and so on. It's been liberating and fun, and best of all they all relate to the same story. All these scenes etc have now been attributed to just five very flawed characters and a rather sinister plotline.

Unfortunately, the main bulk of this was written when I was reading Diary by Chuck Palahniuk who I've mentioned a couple of time before on this blog. The problem is, his style is infectious. Granted, it got me writing with abandon, but in his voice; so now as I start to move the words from the notebook to my computer, I have to edit Chuck out and put me in.

Sometimes I feel I just make work for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment - I love a good chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.